Friday 15 April 2011

Yes, it's real.

at 22:50

My dearest mother..

How are you? i hope you're enjoying every last couple of months behind your desk, checking your mail first thing in the morning. I've been doing surgery rotation now, but all i can think about when smelling the burned flesh, is your ultimate daging panggang cicah air asam. I know, I know. Barbaric.


It's been a while since i wrote u one..the last mail, i have to admit was a bit tense. I'm glad we can get that over with. I'm writing you one now, and no, you shouldn't be worried. Just a couple of things i didn't have a gut to ask you out over the phone.

Last couple of weeks, Ed raised a subject that deeply deeply get my concern. He was talking about engagement. His mother agreed with it and apparently was waiting for my say. I took sometimes off to think about it. And no, i haven't gotten anywhere just yet. I tried to pray and
ask for guidance but nothing really concrete showed up.

I know people always says that once you're engaged, all different sort of challenge will emerge out of nowhere, since the holy ties is about to be made and of course not to mention the devils' whispers of unwanted things. Especially when the bond is tied too long. Ed is graduating next year and maybe that's why he's being serious about it now.

I know that this things shouldn't be rushed,as it will take it course, and also since i know my other priority at this moment but i'd love to hear what what your stand on this matter. No one can know this better than a mother.

As for me, engaged or not, I'll wait. Even it's long and far, i think it's worth it. You know how stubborn i can be about getting what i want..well, i did travel half way across the globe to be a doctor, even it takes me away from everything that I've ever being familiar to, right?. hehe...Also, maybe his mom doesn't want you and ayah to think that Ed's fooling around with me without any future plans. Plus, it would be nice to have another ring for a change of my 4 yrs old white gold that i've been wearing ever since.


Again mommy, no pressure or anything. They just really want to make a proper 'adat' since this is the first time they're going out to propose instead of the other way round. If engagement is too big step to be taken now, they said, it's fine to send a 'merisik' ring this winter first and do the engagement later. But either way, i need to know what do you think.

For all it's worth, I'd love to have breakfast with my husband every morning up until my retirement day,like you do, too. And i hope this little steps will get me there.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Love u much..
take care~!

P/s i'd love to attach my pic from clinics and me in scrub. I think i'm cute.

2 comments:

azyan liyana on 16 April 2011 at 02:46 said...

ah, so you n edy are heading that way as well, huh? memang nak tunang menakutkan. aku n nisya pun dok fikir banyak kali nk tunang or not. even aku pun dok tukar decision banyak kali.especially considering what had happened between me n akram last year. then dgn sume myth on darah manis la apa la kalo tunang.

in my case, my mum decide for me. after a lot of changing minds, mak aku cakap suruh tunang, and dia siap cakap tak berkat kalau tak buat apa yang mak bapak nak (coz parents akram pn beriya sgt2).

so what im trying to say is, yeah, your act to ask for ur mum's opinion is the wise thing to do. she'll know whats best for you.

apapun bagitau aku ok!

i.hate.plastic.bags. on 16 April 2011 at 13:59 said...

azy,
yup. heading towards that as well. tu la, the myth bit of it, is very much self-expulsion.
if you guys do, pliz do me a HUGe favour n let me be among the first to knw ok. enough fact that im already far away and left behind in you guy's updates. :'(

above all that.
lets pray we'll get there and then when we do, we can just raise one eyebrow n dust off the social-stressor.

Post a Comment

your say?

 

pinkwallredfloOr Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos