Friday 8 April 2011

How rarely, but well said.

at 22:55
I posted this on my fb wall, I can't help but wanting to post this here, too.

Now, you can be sure that I'm not a proper student of comparative religion or sociology of religion to that matter, but when i came across a well-said speaker like this (very rarely,in my case), that convey certain uncertainty that had been lingering my mind every so often into a well chosen words and paragraphs, I got a little too excited and insisting on sharing this with you in every way that i might.





I'm especially drawn to her a bit simplistic theory of the path of being religious.

There are 2 major path, she said.

One is, to expend the sense of self in oar, in wonder, gratitude, humility.

The other is to close oneself in behind one wall of absolute certainty and righteousness, a kind of demonstrative over-winning pride of being so very right.

The former expend the sense of the world and of other people.

The later circumscribes it, using dogma to wall off the believers, whatever their faith, against the rest of the world.

The problem is, since such mind can't accept that others might think differently, it has no respect for the mind and soul of others, let alone their life.



So there, I hope you too find 49 minutes spent watching this video is not a wasted time.
Till then!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

your say?

 

pinkwallredfloOr Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos