Sunday 29 May 2011

A great many things.

at 12:36

I remember back when i was in college, my English teacher made us promise to go and reach out, to mingle with other students, be it local students or other internationals. That's the reason we put you out there, she emphasized.

I have to say, after 4 years here ( tomorrow being my last week of school), it wasn't necessarily the easiest or rather a natural thing to do, given the various limitations we always put, as the largest group around. We tend to clump and agglutinate with each other not because we don't like mingling but more to comfort of being around people who understand, which spare us the time and energy to explain our culture to the rest of the population.

I live in the student hostels and my house mates, like me, were placed randomly by the hostel manager and from there, we're connected. Sharing bathrooms, kitchen was not easy at first, especially when you are craving for nasi lemak and knowing the fact that cooking sambal and frying the anchovies might not smell as mouth-watering to other people as it does to you.

But then again, we might be surprised, how something as innocent as air asam or pineapple tart can taste so appealing to other Portuguese whilst Nasi ayam to my crazy Slovakian house mates.

I guess, there's no harm in trying to reach out. As for me, I have it right here, next door. Would be foolish not to try isn't it?


post-exam treat- Pirates of d Caribbean
with Eva (motherly) chocking the Piglet.

Luscious Lemonade?

Annie n Andre- the-not-so-msian-food

Roasted Chicken with spicy2 thing, that counts, right? xD


eating rice with hand attempt

alina.eva.tomas

ok, don't tell me what you think.


martha steward wannabe (failed?).


Till then.
XD


1 comments:

-eD- on 5 June 2011 at 15:48 said...

well put!

Post a Comment

your say?

 

pinkwallredfloOr Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos