Sunday 9 June 2013

My out-loud vanity.

at 14:26


Putting myself out there. I mean here. Out here.












I don't know why i am over exposing myself here. Nor that I'm trying to justify anything. 
We were all over flooded with perfect selfie pictures all over social media, who sometimes manage to land themselves on billboards endorsing various hijab house or even shampoo. 

That instantaneous fame over how we look has become the very pursuit of creating a perfect image every time we snap a picture. Like we're all born with an imaginary elf in our head that we're trying so hard to impress.

Being a control freak that I am, everytime someone shoved a camera in my face gives me a sudden panic attack, knowing I can't really tell how I look straying from a comfort of taking it on my own. I respond to this in 2 ways, either shy away or simply just posed with an awkward overly-done-trying-too-hard expression.

The problem being is, I know what i want to see in a picture of myself, that flatters whatever thing that needs flattering. That radiates joy, self sufficiency, contended and at peace with my own thought as i gaze to nothingness. 

That raw fear of having my story told through imagery I do not control.
Freak. I know.

That often left me and the people who's involved exhausted and frustrated. 

Like any other, this mandates practice. And patience. Very few that are around me have the patience to let me practice. I understand constantly asking someone to repeatedly take picture until it met your requirement is awfully dull and intricately exhausting.  I will be often dismissed with a what-else-do-you-want conclusion. Very often i just surrender to this notion and stop trying all together. And left me intimidated.

My point?

I come to realize that this is not just a superficial case of feeding your vanity. It digs deeper than that. It's about how well do we perceived ourselves. How comfortable are we on how we look, what we wear, how tall or short we are. It's a struggle of self-worth. And acceptance. 

I read up upon this issue, and find a few solutions which might come in handy.

Next time someone point a camera at me, I'm going to pretend that i'm seeing a the most friendliest, nicest person I know, forget who else might see this picture and focus replying with the warmest smile I can master.


And just why the sudden urgent?

We are having serious talk about wedding. The one day I'll be photographed the most. And that raised a special concern. 


Prolly you don't suffer from this. And for that I adore you.

1 comments:

-eD- on 9 June 2013 at 18:52 said...

If only u know how beautiful u r...if u see u through my eyes, u will easily get what u want in a picture..in a variety of pose..in everyway possible

Post a Comment

your say?

 

pinkwallredfloOr Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos